Are you considering volunteering for an IM product requested by a SIMS Remote Coordinator? The SIMS Remote Coordinator is responsible for getting as much information about the IM product request as possible, in order to set you up for success and ensure that the product you create meets the field’s expectations. Here are some questions that may help you decide if the task is right for you. There are also some questions that you can ask the SIMS Remote Coordinator in case you need more information about the request.
Should I volunteer for this request?
- Do I understand the product being requested?
- Do I know when the product is due, and am I able to make that deadline?
- Do I have the technical skills required to make this product?
- Do I have the software licenses required to make this product?
- Do I need any additional support in order to complete this product, and who can provide that support?
- Do I have time to incorporate revisions/feedback into this product?
Do I need more information about the request?
- Do I know who/which sector is requesting this product?
- Do I have access to the data required to make this product?
- Do I know the intended audience for this product?
- Do I know how this product will be used? (i.e. in a document, in a Powerpoint slide deck, shared internally or externally, etc.)
- Do I know the size/orientation for this product?
- Do I know which Dropbox folder this product should be stored in, and do I have access to that Dropbox folder?
- Do I know if this product will need further updates after it is submitted? (i.e. should the product be submitted in an editable format?)
- Do I know if this product needs to be translated?
- Do I know how the requestor prioritizes this request in relation to other requests?
- Do I know who will maintain/update this product after it is submitted?